Trinity Family Centre Shop
11 West Road, Westcliff on Sea - in the heart of Westcliff
Trinity Family Centre Charity shop is able to offer work experience and training in retail through the employment of a training supervisor with funding from Essex Community Foundation. The project ‘Focus On The Fringe’ offers training and confidence building for those people on the edge of moving forward. We work in partnership with the Prince’s Trust, Southend Care, Probation Service and Southend Adult Community College to support young people not in education or employment, adults with learning disabilities, ex- offenders and ethnic minorities needing to improve their communication skills.
The shop is run by a team of 14 volunteers, without whom we could not operate. During the past year, the focus of the shop has been:
- recruiting and training new volunteers
- improving displays
- looking at ways to increase the income, including selling on-line
- updating the volunteer handbook and donation processes
- working more closely with other organisations in Southend, eg Southend Adult Community College and Southend United Community & Educational Trust
- getting support from local businesses to improve the appearance of the shelves and display cabinets.
We are constantly looking for new projects and opportunities to improve what we do.
As well as always looking for donations, we are seeking financial support to:
- develop community links
- internet connection
- high quality security camera.
If you can help or know someone who might be interested, please let us know.